- 2 Yellow Onions, chopped
- 2 Apples, pealed and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 cup Tin Mustard
- 1lbs Fennel Sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups of Brioche cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup chopped Chives
- ¼ cup chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Toss brioche cubes in 2 tbsp of olive oil and lay out on baking sheet.
- In a 375 degree oven bake brioche croutons until golden brown.
- Sauté onions and fennel until translucent, set aside.
- Sauté fennel sausage until golden brown.
- Add apples and sauté until apples are warmed through.
- Add Tin Mustard, brioche croutons, sautéed onions and fennel as well as the herbs and mix well together.
- You can bake this separately by pouring the mixture into a baking pan and baking for 20-30 minutes or stuff the actual bird and cook it in the cavity, the latter is preferred as the juices from the bird will only improve the flavor of the stuffing.
Oh, and if you run out of Tin Mustard, buy it here.