Potato salad is a staple of summer BBQs. This recipe avoids mayonnaise in lieu of crunch with the delicious wholegrain mustard, red onions and chives.
2 pounds of Waxy Potatoes
1 Red Onion
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh Dill
1/3 cup of Rice Vinegar
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1/2 jar of wholegrain Tin Mustard
2 tablespoons of chopped Chives
4 Garlic cloves
2 Bay Leaves
Make that salad:
1. Start the potatoes in a pot of cold water and add salt, garlic cloves and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and cook until a fork can easily slide in and out of the potato. Drain and let cool down a bit.
2. Cut the red onions into thin slivers. Once mixed with the potatoes they'll slightly cook and lose some of the bite.
2. While potatoes are still warm, cut them into bite size pieces with skins on!
3. Mix the potatoes with red onions, herbs and add rice vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
4. Season generously with salt and pepper and get to eating!